The Records Management team offers online and in-person training for College offices and departments to ensure proper and consistent recordkeeping practices in compliance with College policies. Email Records Management to schedule a training.
What Is... Series
The What is... trainings are a series of short videos that outline the basic concepts of records management. This conceptual series aims to establish a base of understanding about Archives and Records Management before delving into the more detailed trainings on the specifics of recordkeeping and records management.
- What is records management? (3:53)
- What are archives? (4:16)
- What is a record? (4:19)
- What is the record life cycle? (4:06)
- What is retention, what is disposition? (4:03)
- What is the office of official record? (4:13)
- What is compliance? (3:47)
- What is historical value? (5:00)
How do I... Series
The How Do I... trainings are a series of short videos focused on helping staff and faculty perform specific tasks related to managing their records and their work.