Updated: March 9, 2021
Baker-Berry Library is available for students, faculty and staff with their current Dartmouth ID. Entrance to Baker-Berry Library is available via Baker Library center doors. Exit is via all Baker doors. The Novack Cafe entrance to the library is closed. To further encourage mask compliance all library users are asked not to eat or drink (including water bottles) while in the building.
The health and safety of the Library staff and the Dartmouth community continues to be paramount. We ask that when coming to the libraries you follow the Dartmouth Together guidelines, including:
- Complete the Temperature Self Assessment before coming to campus
- Wear face coverings while on campus and inside the Library
- Adhere to physical distancing guidelines
- Follow signage and staff directions
- Food and drink are not allowed inside Library
Access to Collections and Study Spaces
Baker-Berry Library is available for students, faculty and staff with their current Dartmouth ID. All patrons should enter Baker main door and exit via Baker Library. The Novack entrance will remain closed with the exception of the elevator access.
Certain spaces in Baker-Berry Library will remain closed at this point, including: Orozco Room; Tower Room; and the Sherman Library reading rooms.
Some services and locations require an appointment or offer limited access.
- Book Arts Workshop: by appointment.
- Evans Map Room: by appointment.
- Jones Media Center: Individuals needing equipment loans, DVDs, or use of JMC spaces in support of Dartmouth teaching and research can make arrangements with staff from the JMC.
- Rauner Library: by appointment.
- Sherman Art Special: by appointment
- Biomedical Libraries: Dana Library on-site access for Dartmouth faculty, staff, and Geisel graduate students with current Dartmouth ID. Matthews-Fuller Health Sciences Library at DHMC on-site access for DHMC ID holders
- Feldberg Library: On-site access to Tuck course reserves, permanent reserves, and current periodicals are at Feldberg at Tuck, located in the Curley Room in Raether Hall (Raether 134). Card access for Tuck faculty, students, and staff only.
All other Dartmouth Library spaces remain closed at this point: Feldberg Business and Engineering spaces; Kresge Physical Sciences Library; Paddock Music Library; and the Sherman Art Library. Materials from these libraries can be paged for collection at the Berry Library circulation desk.
Library staff are here to help you access the resources you need to be successful with your courses, whether in person or remotely.
Library staff are here to help you successfully teach your courses this fall, whether your students are living on- or off-campus.
Library Materials Return
In addition to the main Berry circulation desk, faculty, staff, and students who are approved to be on campus can return their books and other Library materials to the book drop located at the bottom of the library stairs in Novack. During hours that the Novack Cafe is open, scan your current Dartmouth ID to access Novack through the center doors.