Last Updated: March 27, 2020
In our ongoing effort to best protect the well-being of our community and staff during the novel coronavirus outbreak, the Dartmouth Library will be modifying its standard services and closing our libraries across the campus until further notice. Updates to our services and spaces will be posted on this site, and details about our support for remote teaching and learning can be found on this dedicated site.
Library material pick-up and electronic delivery
As long as it is safe to do so, library staff will retrieve materials from Dartmouth collections on your behalf.
- Books or bound materials: Sign into catalog and use the Request link in the catalog record
- Articles or book chapters (electronic delivery): Use DartDoc
Novack Café - Monday to Friday - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
- All faculty, staff and students have access with Dartmouth ID
- Call the Circulation Desk from Novack - 646-2567 - and we’ll bring the materials to you
- Deposit all returns to the book cart to the right of the stairs in Novack Café. Staff will not be accepting any returns.
- Dartmouth Library spaces will be closed for general access beginning Wednesday, March 18th. This includes Baker-Berry Library, Kresge Physical Sciences Library, Paddock Music Library, Rauner Special Collections Library, Dana Biomedical Library, Matthews-Fuller Health Sciences Library, Sherman Art Library, Feldberg Business and Engineering spaces, Evans Map Room, Book Arts Workshop, and the Jones Media Center.
- The 1902 Room is still open 24/7 to Dartmouth Students with Dartmouth ID
- The Novack cafe is still open 24/7 to Dartmouth Students and College Employees with Dartmouth ID
- Library staff are currently working remotely and on site, practicing advised social distancing protocols. Our focus will be on providing remote assistance during the closure to ensure access online resources and to support remote teaching and learning
Continuing and expanded resources
- Dartmouth Library staff can help connect you to Library resources to support Remote Teaching and Learning
- “Ask us now!” - Remote chat with video option on Library web pages
- Electronic resources, such as journals and databases. See more information about connecting from off campus.
- Course Reserves
- DartDoc - provides scans of articles/book chapters from Dartmouth collections; scans from other libraries are limited
- Book Retrieval - Use the Request link in the catalog for materials in the Dartmouth collection
- 24 hour study space in 1902 Room of Baker Library (with Dartmouth student ID)
- 24 hour study space in Novack cafe (with Dartmouth ID)
- Records Management - (Services for Dartmouth Departments and Offices)
- Browsing physical collections is suspended.
- Faculty Studies/Carrels will be inaccessible
- Borrow Direct and Interlibrary Loan is suspended
- Physical Reserves will be suspended
- Users will see no overdue fines, in line with our standard policy
- Recalls of materials will be suspended.