This service is for faculty who wish to place course materials on reserve for their students. See below for more information about new course reserve policies and processes for Spring Term 2020 in response to moving all courses to remote instruction.
- Baker-Berry, Feldberg, Kresge, Paddock, Sherman Form (DOC)
- Biomedical Libraries Form
- Media Form (Jones Media Center)* (XLS)
Submit Forms and Ask Questions Here
- Baker-Berry, Kresge, Paddock, and Sherman Library Reserves
- Biomedical Libraries Reserves
- Feldberg Business and Engineering Library Reserves
- Jones Media Center Reserves
We must have complete citations for all materials being placed on reserve. Please fill in all fields.
Determine if you need to fill out the copyright fair use section.
The library will not scan materials such as workbooks, course packs, significant portions of current editions of textbooks, etc. These materials are created and marketed primarily for use in the type of course being offered, and therefore are not covered by Fair Use exceptions to copyright law.
- Electronic Books are available from your course page. Select "Library Reserves/Guides" from the navigation bar on the left, then choose "Library Reserves" to connect directly.
- Online readings, links to articles and scanned PDFs, are deposited directly into Canvas by library staff.
New Course Reserve Policies and Processes - Spring 2020
In response to the decision to move all courses to remote instruction for the entire 10 week spring term, the Library will endeavor to make all required course readings available in digital formats. The work to make these materials available will be an enormous undertaking in a short period of time.
We need your assistance and understanding to make this a success for everyone.
- Provide your syllabus with the required reading list so we may prioritize.
- Only submit items that are required readings for the course to allow us to process requests in a timely manner.
- Indicate the chapters or sections to be made available, if in the past an entire book was placed on reserve for the same purpose.
- Whenever possible, please identify alternate materials already available in digital format, instead of print, to include in your Canvas site or other online course environments. Liaison librarians can help with this step.
Some publishers and content providers are changing their policies, opening up content, etc. due to COVID-19. We will take advantage of these materials as we can. We will also consider the purchase of an ebook edition for current print holdings when feasible.
There may be an instance where we will need to work with you to identify alternate materials if we are unable to create a scanned copy.