This service is for faculty who wish to place course materials on reserve for their students. Physical and electronic books, audio, video and digital items may be requested to be on reserve.
Submission of Requests
The Dartmouth Library uses an online system to submit reserve requests. This Library Reserves system allows faculty to build lists of content for a class and for that content to be copied over in future terms.
Faculty teaching in the upcoming term will receive an email from library staff to solicit reserve requests. Please submit requests in a timely manner so staff may process the requests before the start of term. Please prioritize required assignments.
The Library Reserves system is found within your Canvas course by selecting Library Reserves/Guides from the left sidebar.
Access to Reserve Materials
Once reserve material is ready for use, access depends on the format:
- Physical materials on reserve are available for check-out at the Circulation Desk of Baker-Berry, Dana, Feldberg or Matthews-Fuller Library.
- Online library resources, including electronic books, and PDFs are available within the Canvas course: Library Reserves/Guides from the left sidebar.
- Most streaming media is accessed through the Canvas course: Panopto Video in the left sidebar.
- Baker-Berry Library, Sherman Art Library and Media Reserves
- Biomedical Libraries Reserves
603-646-0156, webform: https://dartmouth-biomed.libanswers.com/form?queue_id=3035
- Feldberg Business and Engineering Library Reserves