Course Reserves provides access to materials professors identify as important.
Log on to Canvas and select your course.
Reserve material is listed under the Library Reserves/Guides and Panopto Video tabs.
- Library Reserves/Guides - print and electronic books, articles, PDFs, and some streaming media
- Panopto Video - most streaming media
Using Physical Items
Ask at the Circulation Desk of Baker-Berry, Dana, Feldberg, or Matthews-Fuller Library for physical items on reserve.
Reserve items have a shortened loan time of two-, four-, or 24-hours.
- Three items maximum may be borrowed at once.
- Items with a two- or four-hour loan time that are checked out within two or four hours of the library’s closing are due a half-hour after the opening of the library the following morning.
- Reserve items must be returned directly back to where they were checked out.
- $1.00 per hour, per item.
- Items due prior to the library’s closing and not returned on time are charged overdue fines for the overnight hours.
- Items due at the opening of the library have a half-hour grace period before overdue fees are charged.
If the item is checked out, your name may be added to a waitlist. When the item is available, you will receive an email notification. Please pick up within 30 minutes.
Renewals are in-person only, with the reserve material in hand. If an item is waitlisted, it cannot be renewed.
Items must be returned directly to the library desk where they were checked out. For Baker-Berry reserve items, please return items to the Baker Circulation desk. When Baker-Berry library is closed, an after-hours return box is at the bottom of the stairs near the Novack Cafe. Items will not be checked in till opening of the library the next morning.
Lost or Missing Materials
Any items lost or stolen must be replaced. Please notify staff as soon as possible to stop fine accrual and to start the replacement procedure. Replacement fees are the cost of the item. If the material is found and returned, the replacement fees are refunded.
All are expected to respect the rights of everyone to access course reserve items. Faculty and Deans may be contacted regarding non-timely returns of reserve materials. Abuse of library privileges is a breach of the College code of conduct (Standard VIII) and may result in disciplinary action as determined by the Deans.
What I need is not on reserve, now what?
Learn how to place course materials on reserve for your students.