Any alumnus/alumna of Dartmouth College (including undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools) ,
and their spouse or widow/widower.
- Alumni will register at the Circulation Desk in Baker-Berry.
- Positive identification ( e.g.current driver’s license or passport) is required to register.
- There is no registration fee.
- A library card is issued at registration. Alumni have lifetime privileges.
- The card is non-transferable and may be used only by the person to whom it was issued.
- The library card establishes eligibility for the services described below and must be presented when requested by a library staff member.
Digital Library for Alumni
In addition to borrowing privileges, the Library is pleased to offer the digital library for alumni, which
provides off-campus access to the many online databases and resources. A Dartmouth net ID is required to
access this resource. A library card is not required.
- Loan period is 365 days.
- Any registered user may recall material that is currently checked out. All materials, checked out by any patron, are subject to recall.
- Each user is entitled to keep an item for a minimum of 14 days from the date of the recall. Exception: Items recalled by the Reserve Services may be due back to the Circulation Desk immediately.
- Overdue fines on recalled items are $1.00 per day, per item.
- Recalled items cannot be renewed.
- Most library materials may be renewed an unlimited amount of times. They do not have to be returned to the library for renewal.
- Exceptions include recalled materials, course reserve materials, and non-print materials from the Jones Media Center and other collections. These materials must be physically returned to the library and may be eligible to be checked out a second time if another patron is not waiting for the material.
- Patrons are responsible for all materials checked out to them.
- Any materials not returned, lost, or stolen, must be replaced and patrons will be charged replacement costs.
- If a book is lost or stolen, the library should be notified immediately to stop the accrual of fines and start the replacement procedure.
- If the book is found and returned to the library, the replacement fees will be refunded.
- Materials that Dartmouth does not own may be obtained from other institutions through Interlibrary Loan.
- This service costs a minimum of $16 per transaction (more if Dartmouth's costs for the transaction are higher). Payment should be arranged at the time the item is picked up.
BorrowDirect is not available to Alumni.