Dartmouth alumni are important library patrons, please see this information on accessing off-campus and on-campus resources.
Borrowing Privileges & Research Support
- Any former student, including those from graduate or professional schools, or their surviving spouse, is eligible.
- Register at the Circulation Desk in Baker-Berry Library.
- Loan period is 28 days unless otherwise specified, with a 25-book limit.
- Materials that Dartmouth does not own may be obtained from other institutions through DartDoc. This service costs a minimum of $16 per transaction (more if Dartmouth's costs for the transaction are higher). Payment should be arranged at the time the item is picked up.
- Research support is available in all libraries at no charge. Availability depends on staffing levels and demand for services.
- See detailed policies (PDF) (link to new alumni priv. PDF).
For more than 70 years, classes of Dartmouth alumni have honored deceased classmates through this special book purchasing program. The Library carefully selects the memorial volumes and creates a special bookplate bearing the name of the classmate being memorialized. Since its inception, over 55 classes have participated, and over 12,800 books have been added to the library collection.
Visiting Us On Campus
Experience our greatest treasure, the mural by artist José Clemente Orozco.
See many of our exhibits that are open to the public.
Join us and learn the historic craft of letterpress printing and hand bookbinding.
On a sunny day or a snowy evening, the Tower Room offers inspiring views.
See things from a different perspective at one of the highest points on campus.